Sunday 18 August 2013

 Omelet at the end of the road


Phew! Tanzania. Bloody 'ell. I'm flabbergasted beyond words. But of course I will have to attempt to put it into words anyway; because this is a blog; and that is what it demands of me. *sigh*

Perhaps I should start with the flight over. It's description will be rather brief and uninteresting; but it would probably be neatest to begin there. Let's try and sum it up... Airplane food. There. Done. Need I say more? *shudder* I shuddered there not only mentally; but physically. Though the latter may be because my back is to the open window. Perhaps I should say; I'm sitting in a Cafe which answers to the name of "The Union Cafe" and using the internet there; on account of the fact that the chaps who provide our internet via little usb sticks seem to be having problems.

We got off the airplane; got ourselves some visas and collected our hold luggage. Already there was clinching proof that indeed; I was in a different country, and not in fact still in dublin airport; as I turned around with my wheely-bag. (Blogger seems to think that wheely-bag is not how I want to spell it; and that wheezy-bag is more appropriate. I think not.) I turned around and saw in front of me; a Cigarette ad! Good gracious. It seemed so strange after years of living in a country where advertising cigarettes is illegal. Oh these heathen farigners.

What else to mention? I suppose I could go over in great detail how the speed bumps they have are steep and hard; very effective; as you have to slow down almost to a stop if you want to go over them; but I somewhat suspect that that would not make a very interesting blog. (not much to lose then; h-ho!... *cough*) Our I could mention how the smaller roads made of compacted stone and  dirt look as if they have been there all along; and people have simply scraped away the topsoil covering them. I have nabbed myself a picture of it; which I'll add in here. You'll see what I mean when you see they way the sides of the road sink back down under the topsoil.
Hmm. Perhaps that picture doesn't show it enough. I'll post another on a different post. Now; since I've gone done the road of photo uploading; I'll show a picture of Rosie and here stall which is just at the end of our road. She sells delicious bananas, assorted fruit and vegtinibbles. (comment if you know what famous animal called them that.) And also; she sells eggs! So; it's a handy ommelette at the end of our road! Anyway; better finish this before the internet runs out!
Tara!

No comments:

Post a Comment