Sunday 25 August 2013



Bloody 'ell. Everything seems too overwhelming one day; and then just when we think we've just got a grasp; everything just goes and happens. Which I must say is jolly inconsiderate. Where would we be if everything just happenes willy-nilly. In a black hole for one. Blinking at the green sun with our seventh eye for a second. Perhaps I'm taking a choice of words too literally. I shall now move on.

I fell sick on Thursday; which slowed things down a bit for me. Me and Sandy decided to take a day off, as we were both exhausted and slightly ill. Luckily enough; we coincidentally happened to be living in a house full of homoeopaths. Oh well; how convenient!

Oh! and one of the most exiting bit's of news; the Kili came out! Kilimanjaro usually jurks just out of sight behind the clouds; but every now and then; the clouds part for it. They did so yesterday; and they did so very well. It looked wonderful coming up out of the clouds; as if it were not actually connected to the ground.

Photogenic Lizard with a good sense of timing

Mzungu in Swahili is "white person" so we get a lot of people saying "Mzungu" to each other wherever we go. I used to be rather confused by this; because I wondered what context they were putting it in. I understood that a mzungo was seen as a foolish rich person who is ripe for overcharging and scamming; but I still wondered what they were saying. It wasn't something genuinely sensible like "oh look; that's the mzungo which was at "x" place at "x" time" or anything like that; because it seemed to be on it's own; just people saying "Mzungu" to themselves. Not really directed at said mzungu; more under their breath; as if taking note. (of course many times it will be directed at a mzungu; or in some other context; but I'm talking about the times, like I said; where it just seems to be as if they are taking a small verbal note.) I was baffled by this for a few days; until eventually it became that whenever I saw other wa-mzungu (wa makes words plural when you put it before a word.) I'd have to struggle to keep myself from saying "oh; look. Mzungu." to myself. I understand now. It's just that it's a bit of an event when you see a mzungo; and it is kind of worth mentioning...

Other than that; we've just been working at clinics (getting footage on my part, treating patients homoeopathically on my mothers part), sorting footage and case files and writing this blog. (I'll tell you aaaall about that latter part another day, and it won't be majorly paradoxical in any way.... *ahem*)

Oh; and I mentioned on the last post about an animal which says vegtinibbles. This is not true. After studious (looked up the word vegtinibble on google. Only this blog came up) research on the internet; I have not at found a single smidgin of evidence that the famous animal who supposedly calls them that does in fact call them that. It was Peter Rabbit I had in mind. So... I must have made it up some time between 4 and 15... Come to think of it; Beatrix Potter was very correct with her grammar and English; so I somewhat doubt she would have misspelled the word intentionally; even if it was a character she had invented saying it. Oh well... Probably won't bother me too much; it's too set in. I shall carry on thinking of Peter Rabbit as a chap who says Vegtinibble. Also; it means that you only need type the word "Vegtinibble" in google search to get this blog to come up (or perhaps my google search is biased; because I have been on this page before... I shall have to look into this.). This also Gives me an idea. If I say The word Quasmaflapstuck and publish this blocg; will that result in Quasmaflapstuck bringing up this blog on google? Or perhaps there is a brand of... uh... shoe retailers called quasmaflapstuck who have a website which would come up first. 

Right. My time is short, This blog is long, so from me;
  Tara!

1 comment:

  1. Helloo Faux! hope your sickness has gone and you are back up and running. Good reading !

    ReplyDelete